This is a truly remarkable recipe for cannabis pesto, which as far as we’re concerned is quite simply the easiest and best you are likely to come across. The brilliant thing about cannabis pesto is the way in which not only can it be used in literally thousands of different ways, plus it also keeps like a dream after being made and can even be frozen into ice cubes for future use. So if you find yourself with too much bud (yeah right!) on-hand at any time or are simply looking to get rid of some pot that’s past its prime, this is one recipe we highly recommend trying out.
Making Cannabis Pesto- Shopping List
In order to make one solid cup of pesto, you are going to need:
- A decent food processor or blender
- Four cloves of garlic
- One basil plant
- A generous chunk of Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons of pine nuts
- A few tablespoons of cannaoil
Again, it’s entirely up to you how much cannaoil you use and whether or not you decide to blend your cannaoil with regular olive oil. It all comes down to exactly how strong you want it and the kind of flavour profile you’re looking for.
Cannabis Pesto Method
It really couldn’t be easier to knock out a batch of this incredible edible, with just a few simple steps to follow:
- If you don’t already have cannaoil on hand, all you need to do is take a good amount of olive oil, add some finely-ground bud and gently heat it for a few minutes. It needs to be warm to extract the essential ingredients from the cannabis, but under no circumstances should you allow it to boil or fry.
- After a few minutes, leave the mixture to cool down closer to room temperature, cut the basil leaves into small slices and place them in a blender.
- Add approximately one-third of the pine nuts to the blender, followed by a couple of tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Begin adding the cooled oil slowly, while at the same time blending the mixture on a medium-high speed.
- Keep the blender running and continually add the rest of the oil, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese until you have a consistency and flavour profile you are happy with.
- Once finished, you can use the pesto in absolutely any way you would use the store-bought stuff, or pop it in the freezer indefinitely for future retrieval.
Now you have made your cannabis pesto you can simply add it to a range of dishes from Bruschettas to Fish, Pasta and many more.